Monday 10 September 2018

While I Was Sleeping - Dani Atkins


What if someone else was living your happy ever after? When Maddie wakes up in a hospital bed, she can't remember anything about what happened to her or what has changed. She just remembers she was about to be married and had everything to look forward to. But it seems life has become a lot more complicated while she has been asleep....

Maddie Chambers had everything going for her a successful career and a man she adored and a baby on the way. With just four days to their wedding Maddie is rushing across town running errands before her big day when fate strikes a cruel blow.  Maddie is involved in an accident and when she wakes up in a hospital bed she doesn't realise just how much her world has changed. For everyone around her life has moved on and she finds that Ryan the man she was supposed to be marrying is now married to someone else and has a child. This was the life she was supposed to be living with Ryan.  This was not how Maddie envisaged her happy ever after.  


I have read everyone of Dani Atkins books right from her very first novel Fractured everyone of them leaves you emotionally drained and While I Was Sleeping is no exception. You can immerse yourself within the pages of a Dani Atkins novel for hours and I have been known to devour one of her novels in one sitting with the occasional comfort break, replenishment of refreshment, another bar of chocolate or yet another box of tissues.  It is definitely a time for putting a do not disturb sign on your door and your mobile to voice mail. Dani Atkins books will introduce you to all her characters and you truly feel you get to know them. You find yourself questioning how you would feel if you were in their situation and how would you deal with all the emotions that are built in within the story. 

Yet again I have lost a weekend to Dani Atkins the grass remains uncut and household chores left undone.  I did make sure everyone was fed and watered. School uniforms ironed and ready for another week and the pack ups made and in the fridge so I don't feel at all guilty.


Mx



6 comments:

  1. Now this sounds like the kind of book I'd enjoy. Some books grip you from the very first page and it sounds as though this is one of those. Thanks for sharing.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Lisa. Not quite a one sitting book more like over three or four but was definitely worth the while. I have read all her books all of which are good but I think my favourite is still The Story of Us, so may be you can look out for that one too.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  2. I like a book that sets me to thinking, challenges my own beliefs & gets to me to look at another point of view. Thanks for the book recommendation, must see if our library has. It's a rainy chilly day here this side of the big pond, tea is made, now to find a book to indulge in ... um think I'll re-read The Thirteenth Tale until the library calls with a new selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend any of her books so if your library has got this one there are others to choose from.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  3. I've enjoyed some light summer reading these past few weeks … but pleased to read your review and glad you enjoyed this book.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never read Dani Atkins but will look out for her. Nothing quite like having a can't-put-down book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...