Saturday 10 November 2018

Cake International

Just occasionally I manage to escape from the madness that is my life and spend some time with good friends. For the past five years we have made the annual pilgrimage to the NEC Birmingham for the Simply Christmas, Crafts for Christmas and the Cake International a 3 day event at the beginning of November.

We get to spend some quality time together mooching around the many stalls picking up Christmas gifts that you don't see every day on the high street, as well as picking up yet more stash for our individual crafts.

By the time we get to lunchtime we have more or less bought what we want or have a note of the stalls we wish to revisit to pick up that must have item you saw probably within the first five minutes of arriving. 

We then spend a good couple of hours wondering around the Cake International Exhibition in ore of all the magnificent cakes that have been entered each year. 

I thought  I would share some of them with you so that you too can sit back in amazement too.





















Didn't I tell you they were amazing

Mx

11 comments:

  1. Those cakes are amazing.Such talent and patience.ACraft Fair sounds like heaven to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just stand and stare in utter amazement as I wouldn't know where to start. They have children and young people section so under 13 and 13-16 year olds and some of them you would think the cake boss himself had made it. They are fabulous.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  2. Wow, it hard to believe they're cakes. I hope they taste as good as they look, though who'd want to cut into them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure they ever get eaten Jo. I got talking to a lady who had an entry being judged and everything is judged down to the minutest of detail I don't think I would cope with the stress. I'll stick with my little home bakes.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard to believe they are cakes!
    They are amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. I just stand in ore of them all as I wouldn't know where to start with something so creative and they have a section for 13-16 year olds and I wouldn't be able to make any of those either. I like to go to see how amazingly creative people are.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  5. How do you even start to cake and decorate a cake like those creations. Each one is a work of art. My jaw dropped when I saw the War Horse!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are amazing Lisa. War horse has been exhibited for the last two years so I think he's more sugar paste than cake but even so I wouldn't know where to start or even how they conceive such an idea in the first place.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  6. What a fantastic day out. Those cakes look amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. I'm not sure if they hold a show in London at some point during the year but I believe this is the biggie but as I'm not that much of a baker I just like to go to see them. There is a category for the under 16's and there are just as many truly talented young people in that category too which makes me wonder what amazing cakes are they going to produce into adult hood and beyond....

      Mitzi

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...