Monday 11 January 2021

Happy New Year to one & all. I didn't want you all to think I had completely disappeared off the face of the earth and those of you who follow me on facebook and instagram will know I have still been around over the past few months. 

 A lot happened over the summer months of 2020 and not just with continued COVID restrictions. The biggest change was that we had to move house. We had been renting an old farm house for the past three and a half years and always thought we would be there until it was time to downsize, not that I think D will ever be ready for that, but unfortunately peoples circumstances change and our landlords sadly had to take the decision to sell due to their own circumstances. It threw us into a bit of turmoil as finding somewhere to accommodate us and three dogs was to prove quite a difficult task. By the end of the summer I was really becoming quite despondent as everywhere we had looked at either was totally unsuitable or had 15 couples after one property and then it was whether they would accept the furry paws.

 At the same time blogger had made lots of changes to their layouts which were proving to be difficult to get to grips with on my very ancient laptop, and it got to a point where something had to give and so I made the decision to put blogger on the back burner for a while. 

 Thankfully we have found lovely new place to live which is in the heart of a very small village in Leicestershire. The heart being the local village pub it would seem,  which is obviously closed at present due COVID and we look forward to the day those restrictions are lifted. It seems a very friendly village and the neighbours we have met have been lovely and it is a very dog friendly village and every household seems to have at least one dog so although we can't mix at the moment we are at least able to say a cordial good morning or afternoon whilst out for a stroll with the boys.

 I say house it is actually a barn conversion and D is already onto finding out as much of the history of the place as he can. The majority of the property is all on one level which is great for D's back and mobility issues and the L shaped building makes the place a bit of a Tardis with the bedrooms being the old stables at one end and the kitchen and living space at the other. The teenager of the family is very happy as he has taken over the loft space as his domain and now feels he has his own loft space apartment which is great for him and his independence. We seem to have filled the place already and at times it seems like we have been here for a lot longer than 2 months and it is really starting to feel like home. 

Now we are more settled I will get my act together and share with you the projects I have been working on over the past six months. There could be quite a lot to catch up on but that will give me something to focus on. 

 I thought today was as good a day as any to pop in and say hi and wish you all a happy New Year  as today is my birthday and I turn yet another year older but not necessarily any the wiser. For the last two years I have been ill on my birthday and spent the day in bed poorly and not celebrated at all. This year I am thankfully well, at my age we don't really go in for big celebrations which is just as well as like so many I will be celebrating a lockdown birthday this year. I have been fortunate that I have avoided COVID over the past year  when so many others have been affected and so many have lost their lives. but we now have sight of a vaccine program. Being a keyworker I have been fortunate to have had my first dose of the vaccine last week with the second dose due in March. The scientists have always said that they thought it would take two years to get this virus under control and to have a vaccine available and as we all know we are now in the grips of a second wave and a new strain making an appearance. There are times when I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel especially as so many still choose to flout the rules but lets hope that 2021 will start and bring us a brighter future before too long. In the meantime, take care and stay safe one and all. 



 Mx

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Happy New Year, and a very Happy Birthday to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! So glad to see a new post from you and to read the news of your move. Sounds like you are settling in and the village is very welcoming. Looking forward to reading more about your new home. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. It's been a very strange time for us all hasn't it but although stressful at the time this has been a good move for us so far so I am hoping long may it continue. I now need to find time to catch up on everyone's news over on your blogs to see what you have all been up to in my absence. Take Care

      Mx

      Delete
  3. Thank you Eileen never thought I would be in the category of lockdown birthday but like so many over the past twelve months for now it is the new norm. Take care

    Mx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...