Thursday 6 August 2020

Needle size for cross stitch


I know I haven't been around on my little blog space for a while but its been a little bit busy at the Farm House and with the nice weather I have been trying to get out in the garden to tame the undiscovered rural aspect that is our outside space.  I will do some update photo's at some point soon.

During lockdown there have been a number of pregnancy announcements and I am in the process of making five lockdown baby blankets so when I am not in the garden I have been crocheting and cross stitching and learning new skills on my sewing machine all of which I will share with you soon. 

Anyway I am just popping in today as I quite often get asked or see questions on facebook about needle sizes and what this means in cross stitch especially by those new to the hobby.


The size of the needle is the size of the eye. Depending on what count Aida or Evenweave/Linen you are using for your project will depend on what size eye is recommended i.e. 14 count Aida and a 28 count Evenweave would normally recommend a size 24. I tend to use 28 count Evenweave for my projects so therefore I tend to have size 24 needles in my needlework box but I also have a small stash of 26 and 28 for the occasional projects worked on a 16/32 or 18/36 count. 

I came across this chart that explains all this perfectly and thought it would be very useful to share.   I will add a link to the Hints, Tips & Know How cross stitch section to make it easier to find in the future should you ever need it. 

That's me for today.  Hope you are all keeping well and staying safe.

Mx






1 comment:

  1. That’s not something I’ve ever really thought about when it comes to cross stitch, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...