Tuesday 10 January 2023

Happy New Year

 



Hi everyone in blogland I hope you all had a good Christmas and a happy new year to you all.  Lets hope that 2023 is going to be better than 2022, but then I think we say the same thing every year don't we😀


There were a number of things to celebrate in 2022 with the birth of our second grandson who has now celebrated his first Christmas following the lead of his brother with the opening of presents.  I can't believe he will be a year old at the end of this month and has just started walking and his first pair of shoes have been purchased. It always makes me laugh as they walk as though they have lead weights tied to their feet as they stomp about until they get used to them.


Christmas 2022 also saw my whole family get together with all four of my chicks under one roof at the same time which was a first in many years.  I've had combinations with some being able to make one day and another not being able to make the same date so I always get to see them but to have them altogether was a very rare treat for me and one I took full advantage of. 




The Christmas table decorations made on my trusty embroidery machine were well received so much so that out of 10 trees I only have four left as the others all got snuffled away and taken home by those who shall not be named. Each tree housed a Terry's chocolate orange as well as serving as a place setting.  





As well as the Christmas trees each family member had a Christmas cracker and each one contained a paper hat and memento just like in the shop brought ones, hats and memento's purchased through Amazon.  Hidden inside each cracker  were a selection of mini chocolates, a scratch card and a penny to use to scratch off the surface.  There was one caveat and that was if  anyone won the big one they had to share it with me....  Out of all the scratch cards we won a princely sum of £6 between two of so I won't be giving up the day job just yet, but will certainly do this again as it brought much hilarity. 





I have said it many times over the years that I struggle to know what to buy for my lot now they are adults and all earning their own money and sometimes it is the little things that take their fancy the most.  This year when we were all stuffed with Christmas dinner the usual banter started around the table and number one grandson came to help me with a very special job.  To present everyone with a Christmas gift bag containing little gifts.  Each recipient received a pair of Christmas socks, a key ring,  a small pack of quiz cards and a Lindt chocolate bear some  received a retro game such as mini jenga or noughts and crosses



whilst others received a pack of playing cards, the star wars fans were very pleased with their Mandalorian ones. 


It gave us enough time to take a breather before desert as each one discovered what was contained in their gift bag and even had a go at playing the games. 


Following desert they got the quiz cards out.  These were all purchased either on line or at a supermarket and usually contain about 50 - 100 questions on various subjects but kept them all busy for the next couple of hours.  


My son in law asked how I get my ideas and the answer quite simply is they just pop in my head especially if I spot something whilst out shopping and that then gets the little grey cells working overtime as to how I can keep them entertained for a couple of hours.


Lastly as they all got ready for heading of home they were presented with another little bag this time containing lots of sweets for munching over the next couple of days or on their way home. 


I think it was safe to say that Christmas 2022 was a great success and I for one was very relieved. 


The last bit of exciting news at Christmas was that my second son and his partner of 8 years, a cat, 2 children and a dog, finally got around to getting engaged.  Lets just hope it doesn't take them the next 8 years to get around to walking down the isle. 

                                                       


I no longer make new years resolutions as I just don't seem to be able to keep to them, I saw this came up on my facebook news feed and this just about sums me up. So here we are 10 days in what news resolutions did you make and have you managed to keep to them so far or have you already thrown in the towel.


Take care one & all


Mx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...