Wednesday 9 November 2022

Hampers part two

 



Following on from Part one of the Hamper story and this time it's the hampers I made up for the men folk of the family or as a joint family gift. I first did hampers for the men of the family in 2019.  The baskets are from Dunelm Stores at a cost of £6 or there abouts, but are available at other outlets too and they come with the basket with some shredded paper filling, cellophane and the big red bow. Its long since been a standing joke in the family on how difficult the men folk of the family are to buy for and the hampers really started out of pure exasperation of not knowing what to get them for Christmas and them not being very helpful with ideas. 
 

The first year I did the hampers was in 2019. They were made up with lots of delicious treats including panettone, chocolate, specialty coffee, specialty cheeses and biscuits and chutney. 



The chutneys were homemade and lasted well into the new year before being consumed in quick succession and the favorite was definitely caramelised onion.



2020 I gave the hampers a break but brought them back again in 2021.  This time as well as the chutney's and specialty cheese and biscuits they each contained a couple of bottles of their favorite beverage, as well as chocolates and other foody treats.


I also got to play on my embroidery machine and made the toppers for the jar of chutney's. Each basket had a Christmas decoration added that going forward will be able to be displayed on the Christmas tree every year long after I have gone. 


My family love receiving the hampers and always comment they are one of the best gifts,  I am giving them a break again this year but they will return in 2023.

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?


Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...