Sunday 18 March 2018

Here we go again



Just last week I thought we had finally seen the back of the snow and Spring was finally about to be sprung. 


Then yesterday and overnight this happened


and these days I have to be able to negotiate the track to be able to get any chance of reaching the main road.


Personally I didn't think it looked too bad this morning. 

I was due to go to the NEC Birmingham today to the crafting show. After consultation with my friend who was coming with me we decided in our madness we would still give it ago.
That my friends was the first mistake.
The second was that having managed to get off the driveway with a little difficulty I was quite proud of myself when I managed to negotiate the track without any bother. I turned onto our little road which had obviously had a few vehicles going along it at some point in the last 24 hours I could definitely see track marks. 
So it would be ok right?  
WRONG
I set off up the road with some gusto (keep your foot on the accelerator Mitzi all will be fine) I almost got to the main road when we came to an abrupt halt. Several attempts at going forwards and backwards was to no avail and eventually I had slid back down and come to a stop at what should be the grass verge only it's currently a snowy bank. 
Trip abandoned I was then left to walk the half a mile back home.


It's been absolutely barmy one minute throwing white stuff out of the sky 


and the next minute the sun is out but it is by no means tropical I can tell you






 I think these guys had the right idea
Stay somewhere warm where there is plenty of food available.

So that's been my day I hope yours is going better than mine

I'm off for a cuppa and a bit of online retail therapy to make up for what I missing today.

If you have the white stuff with you stay safe and warm and if you have any sense do not venture out of your front door unless it's a medical emergency.

Take care one & all

Mx


UPDATE....  car retrieved with the help of my knight in shining armour in the guise of a very nice man from Severn Trent Water who stopped to help this damsel in distress (aka me). In this current culture of not stopping to help anyone in case its a rouse to rob you blind its nice to see that chivalry is not dead and I can tell you I was very grateful for his help as I would not have got her back on the road with out his help.  He even followed me to petrol station to make sure I got there ok.  






4 comments:

  1. Yes best to stay safe in weather like this xx Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I did go back to see if I could get my car but she was still stuck fast and since then a car has ended up in the field and the road closed so I don't think there is much point me doing anything else about retrieving my car until tomorrow when hopefully it will start to thaw. If all else fails I will ask the very nice farmer if he can please pull me off the verge so I can get back home, either way I think it's another snow day for me tomorrow.
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you were disappointed. We had no snow this time but it’s still really cold. I’m ready for spring too. Bring it on I say! B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was we had great plans for the day. Still there is always the next one in July or the Quilt Festival in August. Hopefully by then Mother Nature will have got the message that we don't need anymore snow.....

      Mitzi

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...