Monday 7 February 2022

Monday morning ramblings


Good morning all.  I have some more beautiful flowers on my kitchen table today. I love to see daffodils in the shops it tells me that we aren't that far away from Spring. 



My little grandson now has a name.  We all had to produce a list of favorite names to help them decide and Theo was the top of my list but also featured on other family members lists so I was really pleased when they finally decided yesterday.  I have sat and added his name to his birth announcement this morning and I will take it to the framers this week.   






I have completed my February socks and this time I have used West Yorkshire Spinners Wood Pigeon. The colour shading is so subtle and they really have picked out the colours of a wood pigeon beautifully. 



Did any of you take part in the Black Sheep Wools Day Out Blanket KAL 2021  I finally got it finished just before Christmas and it has come in very handy with some of the colder nights we've been having of late.  I enjoyed learning new skills such as the mosaic block patterns and it was nice to revisit some old friends with the cable patterns.  I used wool that was in my stash which was Stylecraft Aran in Parchment, Plum and Teal.  The patterns are free to download on their website here


I have completed my first February read.  Jodi Picoult and I have a bit of a marmite relationship. Some of her books are outstandingly brilliant whilst others leave me thinking what was that all about, so I am always a little cautious when I pick up one of her books to read.  This one was a birthday gift from a work colleague.  Wish you were here is set around the beginning of Covid 19 when all medical facilities were seeing unprecedented numbers of patients presented to the Emergency Department and the medical teams were run off their feet.  Diana O'Toole and her surgeon boyfriend Finn are due to set off on a trip of a lifetime to the Galapagos Islands when Covid hits and all leave is cancelled.  He tells Diana to continue with the trip and upon arrival she finds the islands are in lock down and her hotel is closed.  She is taken in by an islander and her family and so her Galapagos experience begins or does it.  

On this occasion Ms Picoult has excelled herself.  Written in two parts, it was one of those books you couldn't put down and had to know how everything was going to turn out and I would definitely recommend if you are looking for something to read on a wet and windy afternoon.  


Lastly what have you been watching on the old tele box of late.  My problem is that I work long hours and often miss or are too tired to concentrate on anything when I get home.  I have become very familiar with iPlayer and Catch up TV. 



I caught up with Four Lives based on a true life event and starring Sheridan Smith and Stephen Merchant.  Four young men are found dead and thought to have died from an overdose but their families are not convinced and push to find the truth.   I remembered the case of Stephen Port but still had to watch all four episodes back to back.  It was very good and definitely worth a watch but then anything Sheridan Smith does is usually worth a viewing. 


Well that's me for now I'm off to sort my sewing room out and get things ready for my sewing group tomorrow.  Have a good week one & all. 

Mx




4 comments:

  1. Lovely socks...and a new grandson...wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Off to see new grandson in the morning can’t wait for grandma cuddles

      Mx

      Delete
  2. Theo is an excellent choice!
    The colours of the sock is definitely a wood pigeon, we have quite a few round here and they are such greedy fellows we call them wood pigs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think so too. I agree they are little wood pigs 🤣

      Mx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...