Monday 21 February 2022

Scissor keepers a potential new obsession



Last year I went on my first sewing retreat and the one thing I was told was to make sure that all my scissors were labelled as they are the one thing that could potentially be picked up by mistake and lost in someone else's bag. 


It is   quite possible that I got a little carried away.




All these beauties were found on Pinterest 

The little bird cage you can find here
The little pink bird here
The little blue bird with the strawberry here



This little set is one of my favourites and took no time at all to stitch and you can find the chart for them here





I have two very good friends who mothers were always very good to me when I was growing up.  It has long been a tradition that each house I have ever lived in I have always planted a rose in their memory now they are no longer with us.   My mum always liked white roses the same as me or may be that should be I have always liked white roses the same as my mum, the yellow rose represents on eof of the mums and the red represents the other and when I spotted the little rose chart I  knew I would have to stitch them so that they get to come on my sewing journey with me where ever that may take me. You can find the little rose chart here




I love the Scottish thistle design it actually came up better than I expected.  The details for the thistle chart are here



Love to stitch was the first of the scissor keepers that I stitched and it grew from there you can find here 



and the Scandinavian design is from a set of four you can find here 





                        I do have a liking for Bee's and when i saw this little chart I knew I had to make them and you can find the chart here



and of course I had to have one that represents my Celtic heritage and you can find the chart  here



Not all the charts have the colours stated but that makes them all the more appealing as you can use whatever colours of your choosing or whatever you have in your stash. 


What I hadn't realised was just how many pairs of scissors I have and of course they all have their own use.  Some are for fabric, some for paper  and so on and what D has learnt is that if you are looking for a pair of scissors and the only pair you can find has a scissor keeper attached you do not use them on pain of death. 

And is now the time to confess that this isn't all of my scissors and I went on to buy  more at the retreat 😀


Mx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...