Sunday 1 April 2018

One year on


 Today marks the first anniversary since we moved into the farm house. 



We fell in love with the character of the house and all its original features and yes the garden really is that big and is a totally blank canvas. And as you saw when we had the snow the only way to and from the house is up a dirt track.


The move was a little chaotic, and that was water I was getting from the fridge not wine that came later.
I am full of admiration for those of you who can pack everything up from your home,  load it into the van or two and move all on the same day, especially if you have young children to cope with at the same time.
 We were at least fortunate that we had a few days in which to move 



The four boys adapted to their new surroundings very quickly and are very much at home here.



Today I thought I would show you the heart of our home which I think is definitely the kitchen. 
It is the first room you enter when you come into our home
      It still has it's latch hook furniture and this beautiful ornate lock on the door
I can listen to the radio (Radio 2 obviously) and from my kitchen window I can watch the birds visiting the bird feeder and we've had some very unusual visitors some of which I have never seen before.

I'm sure you will all agree your kitchen table plays a very important part 
Its where a lot of planning takes place
It's where you eat as a family, and where many discussions and debates take place
and occasionally it becomes an extra baking space




and at times is also used as my craft space

Do you have a favourite room in your home if so and why?

Happy Easter to all

Take care & stay safe

Mx


8 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're going to enjoy making that garden your own in the years to come.
    Love the old door, such character!
    The cake recipe you shared sounds wonderful and looks amazing.
    Hope you are having a good Easter.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather hasn't been to kind Lisa it's rained most days but at least its better than the snow we had been forecast. Its been a quiet weekend with lots of crochet time and a chance to catch up on all the programs I have missed this week. Hope you've had a good weekend.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  2. I can see why you fell in love with it. It looks and sounds a beautiful place. Wonderful to have a blank canvas to work with for the garden, too. Love the boys sitting on the sofa (I won’t show Ted and pops!). CT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was probably a one off its a rarity to you can get them to sit still at all never mind all four together x

      Delete
  3. Your new house is beautiful, and I can't wait to see what you have planned for the garden. Have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be very much a work in progress as its so big. Its almost overwhelming. I've started in the front garden and made a little cottage garden area. I'm waiting to see how much of it has survived after the winter with the frosts and the snow. The Helebores have flowered and the hydrangeas do seem to be leafing up so hopefully not too much damage has been caused.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful house - love the kitchen and the little details. The heart of any home. It sounds like you have your work cut out with the garden - what an adventure!
    My favourite room? The kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Elaine. I can spend a lot of time in here. It’s the warmest room too which is why I think it’s the heart of the house and it’s the first room you enter when you come in. Yes the garden is going to be a challenge but so far what planted last year has survived the winter so that’s a good sign I hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...