Tuesday 15 May 2018

Mums the word



Willow Tree 'Home' figurine
I started writing this post after Mothers Day (March in the UK), but couldn't publish until now as I was sworn to secrecy.  

There is to be a new addition to our family come the Autumn and I am beyond excited.  Middle son and his partner bought their first home last year and had been busy putting their own stamp on it when they discovered they were expecting. Only the mum's were told and for me it was the best Mothers Day present ever. I did have to tell D as I just couldn't contain that much excitement for another two whole months until after the first scan.

They are divided on whether to know if they are having a blue or pink one.  My son would like to know as he says he would like to prepare (not sure what he means by that a baby is coming son what more do you need to know), where as his partner doesn't want to know she would rather have what we have called a Que Sera Sera baby (for those not old enough to remember the song Whatever will be will be, baby as it's going to be one or the other) but she could of course change her mind by the time she gets to her 20 weeks scan. 

I had planned to make all sorts of things this year including a dress to wear to Yarndale, but as you can imagine all those plans have been shelved and all the baby patterns have come out of storeage. I knew if I kept them all they would come in handy again one day.  Some of them are 30 years old from when my eldest son was born right down to those from 15 years ago when my youngest was born.

As well as projects on needles there will be others on the hoop to cross stitch and crochet on the hook over the summer months which I will share with you as we go along. 

It's going to be a busy but very exciting time and I can't wait.


Take Care

Granny Mx


18 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Granny! Wonderful news. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A exciting time for all!

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the whole family. Such exciting news. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its lovely Jules and this is our first grand child so very exciting.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to you all, so exciting, especially being the first baby in the family. I didn't find out whether I was having a boy or a girl either time, I wanted it to be a surprise, but I can understand people wanting to know, it's up to the individual I suppose. There'll be steam coming off your knitting needles now, I can't wait to see what you make for your new little grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know with the older three but I did with Adam as I had an amniocenteses I think by the time I got to number four I didn't mind knowing. In some ways I'm hoping by the time they get to 20 weeks they will think we've got this far without knowing lets hang on and wait and see. But there decision the only request I have made is with him being a Man. Utd supporter that Jose does not feature anywhere:-) but I don't think his partner would let him get away with that one.
      I have got a couple of things on the go which I will be sharing soon and now we've had the scan I did get the box of patterns back out and there's a couple of small first size things there to make and then I expect I will wait and see whether they have a boy or girl otherwise you could go a wild.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  5. Lovely Mothering Sunday present.... :-)

    I think it's sweet, to not "know" the sex, until birth. Guess, since that was the only way we learned, "back in the day." :-) No ultra scans in 1959, or through 1964.

    And soft greens and yellows, can work for either a baby girl or boy.

    But, whatever their own choice is....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hoping they don’t find out beforehand it was all part of going through labour waiting to meet your new baby whatever they turned out to be as long as they were ok that was all that mattered. It’s a bit like knowing what’s in each of your Christmas parcels before Christmas morning but that seems to be the way these days everybody in a rush to know.
      May be i’ll tell them not to tell me if they do decide to find out and as they live a two hour drive from me they should be able to to keep the secret.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  6. Congratulations...what lovely news for you. Thank you for your comment....I think you are quite right...I'll give myself some time and keep my little blog going. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congratulations to everyone! What wonderful news.
    I look forward to seeing all your new creative makes as the months tick along.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. Its certainly going to keep me busy for the foreseeable. I pulled the patterns out of hiding last weekend and there are those that in the right colours not the outdated orange and browns of the 70's will look just right. Time seems to be ticking along quite quickly already as they are at 14 weeks now and I've known since they were 4 weeks.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  8. What perfect news for you. Boy or girl I’m sure your love for them will be the same. I remember not wanting to know before my eldest son was born. Extrovert soul that he is, he made it perfectly obvious his sex in my last scan before he was born! B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my youngest did that there was no mistaking what we were having but I was having the amneo anyway which just confirmed what we already knew. With the others being that bit older they wouldn't tell you. I always had a hunch as to what I was carrying and I think I would have been surprised with each one if I'd got it wrong. I don't think she has thoughts either way yet but may do as time ticks by, in someways I hope they don't ask I'd rather have the surprise. They live a couple of hours away so may be I could just tell them not to tell me if they do decide to find out. Either way they will be besotted as soon as they see that little person.

      Mitzi

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! Some crafting to be done then. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there just might be Jo. I have checked with them as not everybody likes handknitted or crocheted items but no all good so i’m One blanket down and second on the hook which I will share when I get chance to write up.

      Mitzi

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed your cuppa and may be a biscuit or slice of cake too. Please leave a comment, I do read every single one and will reply to you all as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...